An introduction of sorts

A) bio/profile/intro
1) Who are YOU? (Your DES Major Study/Emphasis/Concentration; Interests; etc…)
I am an Industrial Design student graduation at the end of the course. I want to focus of designing physical products preferable in the soft goods/outdoor markets. My interests are spending time outdoors hiking, rock climbing, camping. I am passionate about art and art history. I also enjoy riding and maintaining motorcycles. 
2) What Inspires/”WOWs” YOU? (provide an “inspirational” Quote)
Art inspires me. A mountain top inspires me.  Inclusion inspires me. People feeling comfortable enough to fully express themselves inspires me. On that note, a great bottle of wine, a long run and really insightful design also do the trick. 
Less but better. - Deiter Rams
3) Who, or What are your influences?
Reinhold Messner, Yvon Chouinard, John Muir, Tenzing Norgay, Ueli Steck, Mark Rothko, Joseph Albers, Cy Twombly, Ellsworth Kelly, George Condo, Egon Schiele, Eugene Delacroix, Ed Moses, Henri Matisse, Yves Saint Laurent, Deiter Rams, Ray and Charles Eames, Joseph Eichler
4) What is your Vision or HOPE in your life(time)? (academically; professionally; and/or socially)
Essentially just to achieve a level of comfortable happiness. I imagine that means settling down, owning a home and working at a satisfying job in the Product Design field.  Making meaningful strides in my career and working at a level where I can make a significant impact on the products I work on.   
5) Post 3-6 Image(s) that Best represents YOU and/or Your Vision(s)



6) Provide Six 3-6 “Key Words” that best describe YOU
Empathetic. Curious. Adventurous. Patient. 




Comments

  1. Well said, Eric! It seems like we have lots of similar interests in life and design! We'll have to collab someday on a design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to working with you this summer, I also look at nature for inspiration. I hear ya on that level of comfort and happiness some of the products I want to work on would be in this area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eric, I love the images that you posted here. I am also doing my project about nature and environment area for this summer. Hope I can get some ideas from you in this area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Eric, I really like your range of influences from Renaissance painters to modern artist and designers. I also think nature is a great source of inspiration since it’s full of solutions to problems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eric, Welcome to DES 505 Senior Design Project. Looking forward to the successful development of your designated creative research project. Please update your BLOG with your Design Thinking Activity Results, Critique Review of the Past 505 Project Reports, & Your Three (3) designated 505 Project Topics+Problem/Purpose Statements - Thanks!

    Prof. Gomes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey bud! You really need to take a trip with me & Svenn to some majestic mountains in Norway, I think you'd love it. The wine should be taken when we come back to the bottom of the mountain though, don't want you toppling down the rocks...Look forward to seeing your work again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog